"The Newfoundland and Labrador Search and Rescue Association
assists GSAR Teams in their efforts to provide a superior and
dedicated level of service to the people of Newfoundland & Labrador.
Goals and Objectives
- Promote the development of ground search and rescue programs that
are consistent with our "Mission Statement", constitution/bylaws and
- Provide responsible representation for Newfoundland & Labrador
Search and Rescue Teams at the provincial and federal levels.
- Represent the principles of ground search and rescue with other
related responding agencies, media and government agencies/departments.
- Develop and maintain a program of minimum recommended training
- Establish and maintain a provincial pool of instructors and training
material for all regions of Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Establish and maintain a method to evaluate and distribute search
management materials in Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Establish a vehicle for the regular distribution of information to
all NLSARA members (newsletter/bulletin).
- Provide a research, development and assessment capability with
regard to relevant aspects of the Ground Search and Rescue program in
Newfoundland & Labrador.
- Develop and maintain a program for Preventative SAR.
- Research and promote effective management procedures for managers of
NLSARA Search Teams.
- Establish a working budget that is consistent with the
constitution/bylaws, mission statement and goals and objectives of
- Develop and maintain an Association Web Site.
President – Harry
Treasurer – Barry
Secretary – Roger
Eastern – Perry
Western – Bob
Central Labrador – Craig
Royal Canadian Mounted Police –
Royal Newfoundland Constabulary – Cst.